Corrupted Videos

Closed
-
 Bledi -
Hello,

Please I need assistance! I transferred the videos of my little daughter from my laptop in a USB and later noticed that most of them were corrupted and not playable. I still have them and they show normal physical memory but can't be played...I tried different back up and recovery software and video convertors but not positive results. I'm sad cause we had good memories on those videos. Any supportive advice please! Write on my email ***@***. XXXX. Thanks in advance!

3 replies

Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
September 1, 2021
Hi

Are the videos on the laptop playable.? They still are on the laptop aren't they?

Where are you trying to play the videos? What are the file format?
Not! Unfortunately when I transferred I did cut, not copy :-(
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
September 1, 2021
11,364 > Bledi
Please answer all of my questions.
>
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
September 1, 2021

Sorry. Telephone issues. When I took them back on laptop the videos were already corrupted and unplayable. I tried to play them from laptop sure, with MediaPlayer, VLC, KMPlayer but same results. The format is .MOV because videos were made with Iphone 5S. Thanks!
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
September 1, 2021
11,364 > Bledi
What software did you use to create the videos?

Your laptop, what is the operating system?
>
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
September 1, 2021

Sorry my ignorance on the field if I am not correct...I guess my phone operation system is iOS 10.2 (14C92) and laptop system Windows 7 Professional.

They are not corrupted, you just need the Codec to play .mov files, as they are proprietary apple files!
so to download any MOV codec it will help? I dont understand quit good but why only these files dont work and others yes?
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
September 1, 2021
11,364 > Bledi
You can always try to convert your videos to a workable format.

This software is free:

https://ccm.net/download/download-10891-freemake-video-converter
>
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
September 1, 2021

Thanks bro but I already tried with this since I had it installed. Doesnt recognize the videos even...
Blocked Profile
Its a codec issue. The files are proprietary!
So what to do?
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
September 1, 2021
There are many software on the web capable to convert .mov to mp4. But they are shareware, so you must Google them.
Registration date
Thursday May 22, 2014
Status
Last seen
January 20, 2022
Hi,

In my opinion, you should go for the video repair software. It will help you out in repairing corrupted videos. You can try Stellar video repair tool for repairing your corrupted files.
>
Registration date
Thursday May 22, 2014
Status
Last seen
January 20, 2022

I tried the Stellar but did not repair something....
They don't recognize the videos neither...I have two copies from the same video, one corrupted and one ok. Can it help to make a comparison and find where the problem is? I discovered that the videos properties>Details, video details are deleted.