Lost Volume Icon in Toolbars

Solved/Closed
Sandy - Jun 4, 2009 at 04:21 PM
 unx3 - Jun 18, 2014 at 06:53 PM
Hello,
I can not get my volume control icon back into my toolbars at the bottom. When I go through the steps in the control panel I hit a snag when it comes to checking the box for "place volume icon in the task bar"; when I try to do that I get the message, "...volume control program has not been installed." But I don't know how to add it.
Related:

7 responses

I have lost my volume control Icon from my Taskbar Please help me and give suggestion that to recover it easily
MY VOLUME CONTROL ICON IS NOT ON MY TASKBAR
Here is what you need to do:

Click start > Right click My Computer > Select Properties > Select the Hardware Tab > Click Device Manager.

Under Sound, video and game controllers you will find an unidentified device. Right click it and select Update Drivers. If the correct driver is not found go to the website of your computer's manufacturer and find the correct drivers there.

Cheers,
Unemployed Techie
The advice above did not help me, so I restored my computer and that worked for me.
This kind of helped me but the icon seemed to appear just from doing the first few steps.
thanks that helped :]
thanks so much the first three steps helped me
Now I know why you are unemployed.
click right click on bottom, go to properties click notification area, click volumethen apply, it should be there.. my computer didn't have it as well, but I added it.
when I try to do that the volume and network options are greyed out :O
same here, thats what happens when I do it
An alternate solution is to go to C:\Windows\System32 and look for the program SndVol and create a shortcut on the desktop. The interface is slightly different than the taskbar icon, but allows you to control the volume. I lost my taskbar icon for a while and it eventually came back. I keep this on my desktop as a backup, since this problem occurs from time to time without warning.
Thanks for your answer,i lost my volume from the task bar but followed your instrutions and now I have got it back.thanks alot.Tony

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
step 1:-
GO TO START---SETTING----CONTROL PANEL(enter)

step 2:-
In control panel---select SOUND & AUDIO device icon(enter)

step 3:-
In volume---in device volme--select[]place volume icon in the taskbar

then apply---enter on ok
Thanks. You are great!
very thanx
thank you!
thanks man!
Where is this place volume icon in task bar? I can't find it...
16, goin strong
May 20, 2010 at 09:09 AM
your problem is that you go directly to adding it but instead go to search all folders and documents look up volume and redownload it, but if you run into a problem you should just play a game on englishbanana.com
In device manager, open the sound (speaker) list. Look for "SoundMax Intergarted Digital Audio", right click on this and select update driver. This put the icon back in the tool bar for me.

Good luck, Vic