Audio Drivers Not Detected

Closed
ShoeLace1291 Posts 3 Registration date Thursday June 4, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 22, 2009 - Jun 5, 2009 at 05:00 PM
ShoeLace1291 Posts 3 Registration date Thursday June 4, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 22, 2009 - Jun 13, 2009 at 07:59 PM
Coming to realization, is the fact that downgrading to Windows XP from Vista on an HP laptop is not a good idea. After completing the Windows XP installation process, I now face the difficult task of finding the correct drivers for my specific model. Updating the Nvidia graphics card was time consuming, but seemed to be very simple after finally discovering and solving the problem. What I need now, is direction on updating the laptop's audio drivers. I think the problem may lie in the computer's hardware configuration. I proceeded to the HP support website and found my product. That's when I came upon my first problem: HP does not provide sufficient drivers that are compatible with Windows XP. They did, however, provide drivers for the audio. Doesn't seem like a problem, right? While attempting to install the driver, the process was interupted by an error prompt that made a claim saying that no audio device could be found. I experienced the same problem with the Nvidia graphics card that required the use of ForceWare to fix it. I was wondering if there was a similliar fix or something else that might help. My model is HP Pavilion dv6910us. Thank you for reading.
Related:

3 responses

There are many computer manufacturers that create Vista drivers that are not compatible with Windows XP.

Search for your drivers on DriverGuide.com. They have a relatively comprehensive listing of drivers.

Cheers,
Unemployed Techie
jmp59 Posts 29296 Registration date Tuesday June 8, 2004 Status Contributor Last seen November 25, 2015 257
Jun 6, 2009 at 06:15 PM
Hello

Either ur audio device is a Conexant one
First download and run the driver for the Microsoft UAA package ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp33501-34000/sp33867.exe
Then the driver for Conexant ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp36001-36500/sp36090.exe

Or it's a Realtek one
Just download and run this driver http://ccm.net/telecharger/telechargement 4044 drivers realtek high definition audio (UAA included)
ShoeLace1291 Posts 3 Registration date Thursday June 4, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 22, 2009
Jun 13, 2009 at 07:59 PM
jmp59, I attempted to install the drivers you provided for the Conexant Audio but when I install the HP driver, I get an error saying something like There were no media devices found for your drivers.