Connection Bridging to share WiFi

Closed
Zetri - Jun 7, 2018 at 05:01 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jun 7, 2018 at 06:43 PM
Hello,

So, as the title states I'm having that issue. What I'm trying to accomplish is to have a backup connection for my PC but every time I bridge the connection(note I'm using a Ethernet cable for the backup) it comes up as Limited or Unidentified network and it's really frustrating. If anyone is gonna give instructions on how to bridge connections can you at least specify which steps I am suppose to do for each computer instead of me having to trial and error and assume which computer you're talking about.

(PC Windows 8, Backup Connection Host Windows 10)

Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jun 7, 2018 at 05:20 PM
You are trying to combine the two connections into one pipe? Do you have two NIC's?

If you are using wifi for one, and cable for the other, forget it! Its doens't work like that!
I'm trying to redirect the WiFi connection from my Laptop into a Ethernet cable for my PC to receive it, I don't really know what NIC's are since I didn't really that far into researching.
Blocked Profile
Jun 7, 2018 at 05:24 PM
Well the NIC is a NETWORK INTERFACE CARD! The # component of networking, layer 1!

It doesn;t work like that. Read up on the OSI 7 layer network model to understand how it works!
I'm still gonna try, even if you say that's not how it works. Sorry for wasting your time.
Blocked Profile
Jun 7, 2018 at 05:29 PM
Have FUN with that!
Blocked Profile
Jun 7, 2018 at 05:29 PM
YOU have to assign an IP address to each interface, and then assign a route on the network! There you go!
Well, I finally was able to do it. I didn't have to do almost any assigning you are possibly referencing something else.