Access to Word mail merge

Closed
alhaddadi Posts 14 Registration date Wednesday February 8, 2017 Status Member Last seen July 13, 2020 - Jun 11, 2018 at 06:14 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jun 14, 2018 at 04:35 PM
Hi there,

I am using MS Office 2016, I did a data base in Access for my team, such as Employee ID, Name, Mobile, ... and signature.

when I export the data to Word Merge, it works fine except signature :( . , it shows as a name of file.jpg

How can I solve this issue?

BR
Related:

5 responses

The file is not being referenced correctly. If the document is being PORTED from one station to the next, and the mail merge is referencing a file on the C drive, ALL Stations need the files! Use a network share to publish the merge from, with a relative path to the file from the server!

alhaddadi Posts 14 Registration date Wednesday February 8, 2017 Status Member Last seen July 13, 2020
Jun 13, 2018 at 01:35 AM
ac3mark

thank you for your time.

All data in share folder in server company, and I refer it correctly.
but maybe some tricks either in MS Access in Signature field or in MS Word.

if you don't mind, if you have as example please attached

BR
alhaddadi Posts 14 Registration date Wednesday February 8, 2017 Status Member Last seen July 13, 2020
Jun 13, 2018 at 01:43 AM
take a look to my example

Blocked Profile
Jun 13, 2018 at 04:57 PM
OK, so regardless of the record, all files are called sig1.jpg?
You need to hit Alt f9 TO CHANGE TO CODE VIEW of the document, and now you can code in what the relative path actually is, using the path to your attachment (record entry). I will try to work on a proof of concept and post back after I cook dinner!
Blocked Profile
Jun 13, 2018 at 05:21 PM
I googled it, take a look here.>https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_word-mso_other-mso_archive/mail-merge-with-variable-pictures-using-word-2013/32c9b910-06b8-4b9e-80eb-ccd39c22afa4

I may still work on it after din din!
Blocked Profile
Jun 13, 2018 at 05:41 PM
Ok, did it while the rice was cooking!

See below:
The code is actually:

{ INCLUDEPICTURE { IF TRUE "c:\users\user\desktop\{MERGEFIELD Field3 }"} \d}

So make the path static, and the image is a field. If you have different storage locations, store them as the PATH, and reference them as another MERGFIELD behind the IF TRUE statement!

Have fun, I hope this works for you, as it did me!

Here is the two pages just to show it does work as one PDF:

Have FUN!

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Jun 14, 2018 at 05:43 AM
bon appatite ac3mark and enjoy your meal.

first of all, I appreciate your time to wrote those sentences.

I read the steps in attached page, and its nice and easy to use an MS Excel.

but what about if I use MS ACCESS database, it is possible to do so ... ?

because my data in an ACCESS as I mention on top.

thanks for ever.
Blocked Profile
Jun 14, 2018 at 04:33 PM
A data source is a data source. It doesn't matter. I tested it today, and the image does not come through unless you have the path to where to image is stored. I attempted the test with the Path removed, and attempted to use only the image that was a MERGEFIELD, but it did not display until I placed the path to the image. Once again, a data source is a data source, the procedure is the same regardless if it were a CSV file, or an access DB! You need the path to the file, it does not link the image stored! I hope you appreciate this and please let me know if you can prove it any different!
Oh and by the way, I used a CSV file, not excel. I just pointed my CSV file to a picture of an Excel screenshot from another answer! So, I didn't use excel neither. I used Access for the test today at work, and same result as if it were a CSV file, no image unless the path was complete to the file! This is how I know that it links to the file location, and not to the DB image.

Have FUN!