Computer not displaying

Closed
LoganD.1345 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday July 5, 2018 Status Member Last seen July 5, 2018 - Updated on Jul 6, 2018 at 01:29 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jul 6, 2018 at 04:47 AM
Hello,

So my computer is running but nothing is displaying on the screen.

I know there are already answers to this but i didn't quite understand and i think it's better to express my problem better.

My brother and I unplugged my pc to dust the inside and put thermal paste on. However, once the heat sink was off we couldn't get it back on. So we took it apart to see gow it goes. When we finished we put it together and plugged it in.

No the computer runs but nothing shows. The fans and lights turn on so power is getting to it. And it is not the monitor because i tried another one and it didn't work. The fans run slower than they did and the startup beep is gone.

Is there a way to fix this. Please help.

Thank you!

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,167
Jul 6, 2018 at 04:47 AM
To answer your question, yes there is a way to fix it. However, it seems that while dusting some circuits, probably around the video card were damaged. It's impossible to tell you what to do without the proper diagnostic equipment.

We suggest you take it to your favourite repair shop.