BIOS won’t post because of no VGA signal

Closed
CIIIIIIO - Aug 21, 2018 at 02:33 PM
 Blocked Profile - Aug 21, 2018 at 04:57 PM
So I just build a new computer and the bios won’t post because there is no VGA signal. I get one beep followed by 3 short beeps

The monitor I have only supports VGA and DVI.

I Bought an HDMI to VGA Converter howver, the computer still fails to post or display anything to the monitor.

The mother board is a Asus ROG STRIX B350-F gaming.

1. Any ideas on how to get the display to work?

2. Could I have done anything wrong while building the computer.

Thanks
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Aug 21, 2018 at 04:57 PM
OK, it won't post because there is a hardware issue. A monitor signal connection is one of the last things. The beeping is telling you what is wrong. Look up support and beeping codes for your motherboard, and rectify the hardware issues. POST stands for Power On Self Test. It has to pass all hardware tests/checks before it can display anything! If you are using built in HDMI, then it is expecting an HDMI output. NOt all HDMI product have to work, it is not a standard. And def does not have to work with an HDMI to VGA converter! Take it to Shop and ask that they just hook up an HDMI device, or go and buy a cheap HDMI tv, test your rig, and take it back!

ONe thing to try is, take out all of the RAM, and boot. Do you get a different code? If you don't then the MB is messed up, as it doesn't know the difference between NO VGA and no RAM!