Icons change to google chrome icon without program

Closed
markco - Sep 10, 2018 at 01:13 PM
amandanewnham Posts 9 Registration date Monday September 24, 2018 Status Member Last seen September 24, 2018 - Sep 24, 2018 at 12:30 AM
Hello,
Why do the icons including those which are "none opened or started" and many non-relevant icons get access by #googlechrome to be changed to the #google-chrome-icon without permission from the computer user?
While using public access internet via a pc running xp the user then gets to choose which internet browser or browser to use.. I always use Firefox running from portable apps.
SO UNSURE HOW ALL MY ICONS ON MY PEN DRIVE ARE NOW BEEN CHANGED BY THIS GOOGLE CHROME WITHOUT EVEN STARTING OR RUNNING THIS PROGRAM.
Am aware that maybe its part due to using XP but this is a public access internet within the UK, how has Google managed to do this?
How can I now access my files on my pen drive "includes my own designed web page temps, spreadsheets, pdf type files without them trying to redirect my own internet at home or in the office"
Something is'nt right....
Hope this is'nt a problem for the future and happy for any advice to prevent this...
Many Thanks

Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Sep 10, 2018 at 04:31 PM
So what if you were using a PC that didn't have the standard browser that you were used to, lets say Firefox. If the default browser is set to firefox, when those files that are opened by default by firefox appears on its OS, it will display them. It is showing you the default program that will be used to open the files. If this doesn't sound right, please update for more details.

BTW, why are using # on here?