Leds on, but fan dont start, and the laptop closed in 10 seconds.

Registration date
Saturday November 17, 2018
Last seen
November 21, 2018
-
Hello,

Yesterday I try to diassembly my laptop amd change the hdd to ssd. After, the laptop don’t boot. If i press to the power button, the power led are open, but the fan and other components are not working. After 10 seconds from the start, the laptop go offline. I changed the ssd to the old hdd, and the problem persist.
Asus ROG GL553VE
See more 

Your reply

1 reply

Registration date
Monday June 3, 2013
Status
Last seen
December 11, 2018
Thank you
Not all Motherboards are SSD compatible. Did you do your homework to make certain your motherboard will support booting from an SSD?

If you placed the Older one back in, and it is doing the same thing, then I need to ask, did you use a ESD strap when putting the components back together? STATIC = BOOM!

Jazrinka
Registration date
Last seen
November 21, 2018
-
But the ssd have a problem. I put it on my
Friend computer and my friend have same problem :))))
ac3mark
Registration date
Monday June 3, 2013
Status
Last seen
December 11, 2018
-
Then the SSD is bad. What is in common with both machines? How big is the drive? Sata3 or sata4? Does the system see it in BIOS?

Do you see how many details there are. Don't just put an exclamation point after your one word answer and expect miracles!

OH, you are still using your old hard drive, and it doesn't work neither. Sounds like static made the whole thing go boom!
Jazrinka
Registration date
Last seen
November 21, 2018
-
Sata iii, the ssd is a wd green, bought in 2017. My computer friend is a dell workstation, and I have asus rog gl553v. How to use the esd strap???
Jazrinka
Registration date
Last seen
November 21, 2018
-
The sistem see it on bios.
ac3mark
Registration date
Monday June 3, 2013
Status
Last seen
December 11, 2018
-
First of all, See here for ESD usage:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antistatic_device#Antistatic_wrist_strap

So how long does it stay powered up in BIOS? Turn off Fast boot, and any messaging suppression to the screen during this troubleshooting. Try to power up the laptop. Does any messages or errors get displayed?
Respond to ac3mark