Windows xp installation on new toshiba labtop

Closed
inspring - Jun 11, 2009 at 01:21 AM
 Ruush - Nov 23, 2009 at 01:49 AM
Hello,
bought toshiba laptop model#PSLD8U. came with vista deleted and installed window xp(service pack 2) cannot connect to internet, no sound, video graphics are washed out. downloaded updated xp sp 2 files on another computer and saved to external hard drive. connected hard drive to toshiba lapstop and installed xp update. still no connec. device mgr lists below all having yellow exclamation marks
ethernet controller
ethernet controller
pci devices
sm bus controller
video controllers
video controllers(vga compatible)

What next?
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jun 11, 2009 at 01:07 PM
You will need to download the correct "Device drivers" from Toshiba.

I would check the Toshiba support web site to see if they have XP drivers for your laptop. Many PC manufactures do NOT supply Windows XP drivers for there current products. I you can not find proper drivers then you only option is to reinstall Vista.

Good Luck
I just got a laptop with windows vista (yuk), and i need to downgrade that to windows xp, formatting the drive and all. I boot from the CD and after the initial loading session, a message comes up saying there is no hard drive detected, and windows doesn't install
theknee Posts 18 Registration date Sunday November 1, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 13, 2011 2 > nice guy
Nov 3, 2009 at 02:39 PM
search the forum or follow xpcman advice
Ruush > nice guy
Nov 23, 2009 at 01:49 AM
I just got a laptop with windows vista (yuk), and i need to downgrade that to windows xp, formatting the drive and all. I boot from the CD and after the initial loading session, a message comes up saying there is no hard drive detected, and windows doesn't install
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 1, 2009 at 01:51 PM
That's because Windows XP does not have drivers for the SATA hard disk controller that is on your motherboard. You will need to find the correct SATA driver and "slipstream" it into your Windows install disk.

Good Luck