Laptop will not power with no monitor

Closed
Wptophat - Dec 11, 2018 at 05:08 PM
 Blocked Profile - Dec 11, 2018 at 09:31 PM
Hello,
My laptop screen died and the display cable is screwed. I have parts ordered but need my computer now.
I have an HDMI monitor connected.
The issue is that with no internal display attached, the laptop turns on for a few seconds, then turns off.
Is there a way to get this working on the external monitor until my new parts arrive?
Laptop is a Dell inspiron 17 7567 gaming rig.

System Configuration: Android / Chrome 70.0.3538.110
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Dec 11, 2018 at 05:12 PM
OK, well, lets do this....with all EQ off, plug in all cables and turn on the external monitor. Make certain monitor is set to HDMI input.

Boot up laptop, pressing (not holding) F2 repeatedly until it beeps. Did you get a display, or did it shut down? If it shut down, then post back and we will go to next step. Are you good with opening up the machine? Did you already do that? If so, take out all of the ram, and boot. Does it still shut down?
Wptophat Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday December 11, 2018 Status Member Last seen December 11, 2018
Dec 11, 2018 at 05:47 PM
Thanks for the reply. Tried this and it shut down. No display at all.
Wptophat Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday December 11, 2018 Status Member Last seen December 11, 2018
Dec 11, 2018 at 05:48 PM
I do not see the point in taking out the ram. Can you explain the purpose of that?
Blocked Profile
Dec 11, 2018 at 09:31 PM
Who is going to replace the parts that you already ordered?

:)

IF you get a different result when the RAM is removed, then you know the MB is good, and we can negate the possibility that the video input isn't on the correct one.

If it beeps, or flashes lights, the MB is good.......

Who was going to change out the parts?

Have FUN!