-
Registration date
Tuesday January 29, 2019
Status
Last seen
February 5, 2019
-
Hello,

I need help. I installed Windows 10 Enterprise on my boss's Fujitsi Lifebook E756 laptop. Now, I would like to activate for data backup through '' File History '' but only when I try to do it following the following path: Control Panel \ All Control Panels \ Security and Maintenance \ Maintenance \ Activate, I see the following message: The file history is disabled. Then I click on '' Activate '', I see the following message: For security, some settings are managed by the system administrator and just down, this other message: The file history is disabled.

I think this setting may be disabled in local GPOs. Only I do not know which GPOs to configure to solve this problem.

Need help to solve this problem please.

Thank you in advance.

1 reply

Make your boss account a local admin to the machine and try again.
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 2942 users have said thank you to us this month

Registration date
Tuesday January 29, 2019
Status
Last seen
February 5, 2019

Is'nt a domain
I thing that this occurs because the Installation USB key are deployed by System Center Configuration Manager. I don't know Windows 10 local policies very well.
Thank you ac3mark
Blocked Profile
Oh, so an admin builds the image and you deploy it from a usb? Gotcha. Uea thay is the on the person who ia building the image. If that is you, post back amd we wil see what it takes in sccm.
Registration date
Tuesday January 29, 2019
Status
Last seen
February 5, 2019

Thank you ac3mark,
This problem is solved. The solution has been regedt32\HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory. I have right clic "disabled" and Modify 1 to 0. All is Ok now.

Thank you very much ac3mark
Blocked Profile
Thank you for posting back! Come back if you ever are need of anything technical!
Registration date
Tuesday January 29, 2019
Status
Last seen
February 5, 2019

thank you ac3mark

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!