June 6, 2019
- - Latest reply: loucille
Registration date
Monday June 3, 2019
Status
Last seen
June 26, 2019
- Jun 26, 2019 at 01:59 PM
I just love the layout of MusicMatch and would still prefer to use it. When trying to install/run it, I get the message that it can't proceed because PX.dll was not found.

I see that this question has been asked before and a couple of people have said they have successfully installed it and are still using it but they didn't say how they got it to work.

If anyone has instructions on how I can get my MusicMatch Jukebox working on Windows 10, it would be greatly appreciated.
See more 

3 replies

Registration date
Monday June 3, 2013
Status
Last seen
October 11, 2019
Thank you
Uninstall it.

Try it again with admin privileges!
KathieL711
Registration date
Monday February 11, 2019
Status
Last seen
June 6, 2019
-
Nope, doesn't work. It takes me thru the whole installation process. Actually installs the program. When I click on the desktop icon to open it, I get this message "The code execution cannot proceed because PX.dll was not found"
Respond to ac3mark
Registration date
Monday June 3, 2019
Status
Last seen
June 26, 2019
Thank you
I had MusicMatch 10 working on my computer. It crashed and I have been unable to get MusicMatch 10 to work again. I have applied the px.dll fix. Worked before, but now won't.

I did get MusicMatch 7.2 to install without a hitch and works perfectly, however, I can't use the features because my MusicMatch 10 key code will not work on 7.2.

If someone has a key code for versions 7 they could share, I would appreciate it. I have some version 10 key codes I will be happy to share, as well.

Very frustrated as MusicMatch is the only music program that makes making playlist and tagging music files simple! I've tried everything, but apparently my reinstall of Windows 10 has blocked something preventing my MusicMatch install to work this time.

Thanks for any help!
K
KathieL711
Registration date
Monday February 11, 2019
Status
Last seen
June 6, 2019
-
Your own individual key code would not change. It's the one that they gave you when you originally purchased MMJB. Every time I upgraded to a new version, I just put in the one I always used. I am wondering if some of the features that you are trying to use are only found in later versions.
loucille
Registration date
Monday June 3, 2019
Status
Last seen
June 26, 2019
> KathieL711
Registration date
Monday February 11, 2019
Status
Last seen
June 6, 2019
-
The key code I have is too long. I can get the entire key in except the last digit. The feature I was trying to use was selecting the folders Musicmatch was supposed to check automatically. I get an error message saying the feature is only available if you've purchased the upgrade for the full program. I know my code works for MM10, but I can't get it to work on my computer now. Thanks for the reply!
KathieL711
Registration date
Monday February 11, 2019
Status
Last seen
June 6, 2019
-
Loucille, I sent a message to you.
Respond to loucille
Registration date
Monday June 3, 2019
Status
Last seen
June 26, 2019
Thank you
Hi Kathie,
I might have some good news for you. I believe I told you that I was able to get Musicmatch 7.2 to work on my Windows 10 computer. The watchfolders would not work, but everything else did. It was a little buggy and would sometimes stop and had to be restarted.

Microsoft put out a Windows 10 update for 2019. I updated my computer with the new update. After the update was finished, I was able to install Musicmatch 10.00.2058. I couldn't believe it worked. It is a little buggy at times. The watchfolders work to some extent. I have a very large music collection, so when I elect to check the watchfolders, MM would stop working. For some reason, Musicmatch won't let me drag and drop my music files into the library. (I could with 7.2) I have had to use the the "add tracks" feature to get most of my music back into Musicmatch.

I think the reason Musicmatch 10.00.2058 works is because there is no Px.dll file which was the reason I couldn't get other MM10 versions to work.

If I add new music to my watchfolders, Musicmatch does add those to the library. It is my original music that Musicmatch seems to have a hard time accepting.

The player works when I add songs to the playlist. I can also retag songs which is one of the major reasons I keep using Musicmatch.

Not sure what the new Microsoft update had to do with letting Musicmatch 10 install, but I was thrilled to have MM10 back. Hope this information helps you to get it working for you too!
Karin
Respond to loucille