- - Latest reply: ac3mark
Registration date
Monday June 3, 2013
Status
Last seen
October 11, 2019
- Jun 20, 2019 at 02:12 PM
Hello,

Hi, I have windows vista 64 bit SP1. My sound card is an integrated Realtek HD 5.1. Picked up the Logitech x-540 speaker system yesterday and installed them today. While doing the test. I can not get the front 2 speakers to work as the front L/R speakers. They will only work under 7.1 as the Surround sound side speakers. Every other speaker works in its correct spot during test. Supposedly its only a 5.1 card. So why does it have a 7.1 setting on the sound setup. Hate to have to take these back as they were a good deal. Do I have a bad channel on my brand new computer sound card? Any idea on what it could be? Thanks in advance.
See more 

6 replies

Best answer
approved by Jean-François Pillou on Nov 30, 2018
Thank you
I had the same problem and all I had to do is move the green speaker wire for the output to the other green jack. Your card is probably set up for 7.1 and you have your speaker wire hooked into the 7.1 slot and not the 5.1 which is why the PC recognizes the FL and FR speaker as SL and SR.

Say "Thank you" 156

Glad we were able to help! Love us? Write us a review! Rate CCM

CCM 5692 users have said thank you to us this month

Thanks - solved my problem
Dulator is a god among men
you my friend - are a god!!!
halfpint
Registration date
Thursday June 20, 2019
Status
Last seen
June 20, 2019
-
I cannot see what realtek drive you said to download? I uninstalled mine cause my rear speakers won't work in windows 10 with 5.1 speakers, any help would be appreciated, thanks
ac3mark
Registration date
Monday June 3, 2013
Status
Last seen
October 11, 2019
1568 > halfpint
Registration date
Thursday June 20, 2019
Status
Last seen
June 20, 2019
-
This is a solved closed thread about windows vista. Please start your own thread with details about your specific build.
Thank you
1.First Download the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver R2.37...

2.Install it....

3.Go to Control panel----->Sound----->Speakers(DoubleClick it)....

The Speaker properties windows appears in that go to Enhancements tab...Select the Speaker Fill ...

Then Check the speaker...your 5.1 or 2.1 wil works fine.....

If Ur all speaker working well reply me.....

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...
worked like a beaut

thnx mate ur a legend
arunace
Registration date
Saturday February 20, 2010
Status
Last seen
May 16, 2010
-
well I already tried that ... a long time back .. it does work a little... but the rear speakers dont have the full sound quality and there is an extra distortion or something like that in those speakers when u only hear them .. so its the not the actual solution to this prob... but still thanx ... maybe it works better with some other system or card or speakers... :)
Superbb...
Its worked fine after a long time....
Thanks a lot man...
Worked like a champ thanks!!!
Stop telling people to turn on "Speaker fill"!! It is not true 5.1, it's just echoing the front speakers
Thank you
Guys I found a way for W7:
Go Control Panel->Hardware and Sounds->Sound->Speakers->Dolby and click Dolby prologic IIx (natural bass is optional)

this seems to be the season why the sound was not forwarded to 5.1 and only to front speakers.
Registration date
Saturday August 29, 2009
Status
Last seen
August 30, 2009
Thank you
let me share this solution for all

Install the new version of your driver and of course uninstall the current version. After uninstalling the driver and reboot it to automatically reinstall it, the audio still may not work. Amazingly though, sometimes after putting the system in hibernate mode and coming back, the audio worked.

Hope it helps, if it doesn't , noaudiooutput.com have other suggestion. I used their solution and it works now.
Thank you
Well whats wierd is during movies and games it worked. I guess I just wasn't listening to the correct "output" at the time. Everything seems to be ok now.
Thank you
try to plug the cable for front speakers into the GREEN input in stead of the black one. It should help..
I uninstalled the drivers, let my computer reinstall them, configured my speakers for 5.1 in their properties and moved the green plug to the green input just below it. Now my speakers work wonderfully -- dare I say, better than they did in XP!