Realtek HD sound problems w/ 5.1 speaker

Solved/Closed
Kaddy333 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday December 23, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 24, 2008 - Dec 24, 2008 at 12:44 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jun 20, 2019 at 02:12 PM
Hello,

Hi, I have windows vista 64 bit SP1. My sound card is an integrated Realtek HD 5.1. Picked up the Logitech x-540 speaker system yesterday and installed them today. While doing the test. I can not get the front 2 speakers to work as the front L/R speakers. They will only work under 7.1 as the Surround sound side speakers. Every other speaker works in its correct spot during test. Supposedly its only a 5.1 card. So why does it have a 7.1 setting on the sound setup. Hate to have to take these back as they were a good deal. Do I have a bad channel on my brand new computer sound card? Any idea on what it could be? Thanks in advance.
Related:

6 responses

I had the same problem and all I had to do is move the green speaker wire for the output to the other green jack. Your card is probably set up for 7.1 and you have your speaker wire hooked into the 7.1 slot and not the 5.1 which is why the PC recognizes the FL and FR speaker as SL and SR.
Dulator here is right... It did help me..
Workkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk at least!!!!! Thakns a lot!
Pozdrav svima