PC restarts when playing a game then a black screen..

Closed
zoghlamimeda Posts 2 Registration date Friday May 17, 2019 Status Member Last seen May 22, 2019 - Updated on May 17, 2019 at 10:46 PM
zoghlamimeda Posts 2 Registration date Friday May 17, 2019 Status Member Last seen May 22, 2019 - May 22, 2019 at 12:13 AM
Greetings everyone, i have a bit of a weird issue with my computer.
when i'm doing nothing major, like surfing the webn watching youtube, everything is pretty normal. but when i play a video game, like Need For Speed Most Wanted, or Elsword, everything goes fine for 10-20 minutes, then i can notice that frame rate dropped a bit, as if the compuer is having a hard time dealing with the game. and before you know it, the pc restarts. What's more is, once it shuts down, the dislplay no longer works and the screen says "no signal". so what i do is wait for it to complete booting till i hear the windows welcome sound, then i shut it down and wait for it a couple of minutes . thankfully after this, when i start the pc again, the display works again.
I'm kind of lost, any help ?
my pc is Acer aspire M1920, 2GB RAM, cpu : pentoum dual core 3.2ghz and the graphic card Nvidia GeForce 210(1gb )
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
May 18, 2019 at 09:32 AM
Hi

I strongly suggest that your increase your RAM to 8Gb. Your graphic card should also be more powerful. NFS is very demanding.
zoghlamimeda Posts 2 Registration date Friday May 17, 2019 Status Member Last seen May 22, 2019
May 22, 2019 at 12:13 AM
Thanks for your reply.
it is very obvious that i should improve my pc specs. but that is not the issue i'm facing right now.
the "low spec" never bothered me as i was able to play NFS and elsword for years.
after some research the most reasonable explanation i recently came up with is that the video card is overheating and needs its heat paste replaced. i will do that and see where it takes me.