Incoming call rings once, can't answer

Closed
robert808 - Jun 12, 2019 at 03:21 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jul 25, 2019 at 06:13 AM
Hello,
I Skype video call my contact (he has win 10, I have 7) but it tells me "not available, leave message". It does ring once on his end but he can't answer. Our versions (desktop) are up to date. He hears the one ring and calls me back - we then connect OK. HIs settings (notifications, etc.) appear to be correct.

He was previously using the mobile version on his desktop PC and we thought that was the problem. But he deleted or uninstalled the mobile and now uses the desktop version. The desktop version was already installed so he tried using that but still no more than the one ring. It is up to date and I think (not positive) he reinstalled it to see if that might help. But no luck.

System Configuration: Windows / Internet Explorer 11.0

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jun 12, 2019 at 03:28 PM
Sounds like a classic case of user error! Can he verify it is active, and not on do not disturb?
It shows active on my end.
Blocked Profile
Jun 12, 2019 at 05:14 PM
What about his side of things? Do you see it go to DND if he places it there? Have him place it in DND, and back into active.
Sometimes i see he is DND and sometimes active. I know he does change it every day. He uses it as a signal that he is still alive and well because we only video chat maybe once a week or so.
mikepatinson007 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday July 16, 2019 Status Member Last seen July 16, 2019
Updated on Jul 16, 2019 at 07:24 AM
I have also encountered the same type of problem in skype which is causing a problem in video calling and then I found REMOVED FOR SPAM where I got proper help which also in the case helped me a lot, but I dont understand it, so I cannot describe to you what I did to fix it!!!
as having this issue when it was using skype for business but then I decided to switch to better paid but affordable VoIP based office phone system. but I tried to use things such as this
Reset the Network Settings
Refresh the Activation
try if it works for your issue.
or check this out
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/skype/forum/all/incoming-call-rings-once-and-then-stops-i-get/23d4fb5c-c231-46ea-8d23-4f4696d1deb5