Can't get to the Internet in Vista? HELP!

Closed
azmike40 - Jun 14, 2009 at 02:23 PM
azmike40 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday June 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 14, 2009 - Jun 14, 2009 at 02:54 PM
Hello,
I have two laptops, side by side. Both have wireless cards and can access my Actontec wireless modem, with Excellent strength. One is XP and one Vista. The XP machine works great and can access the internet useing IE8. Vista machine, same, excellent strength, can ping google.co and yahoo.com and cnn.com- all give back excellent replys back with NO packets lost. Both machines are set to get IP and DNS automatically, but when I go to use IE or even Firefox, it says page can not be displayed. Now this is only on the Vista machine. It has to be some setting checked somewhere but I can't figure this out. I can connect a CAT 5 cable up to Vista machine and it says that its connected with excellent srength but still "Page can not display"???????
Anyone, Plz help!!
Thanks
Related:

1 response

Did you check to see that the "work offline" box is unchecked? Uncheck that box and reboot.
azmike40 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday June 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 14, 2009
Jun 14, 2009 at 02:54 PM
Jake,
Thank you for your reply. I do relize that sometimes its the littlest thing that we over look, but no it is not checked. I am stumped, and can not figure out why. I can ping successfully, so that tells me it something like, having the "work offline" checked. Keep thinking!