- How to fix black Dell Comp Screen
- Dell laptop screen goes black when docked ✓ - Forum - Monitor
- My dell laptop screen is black when i turn it on - How-To - Monitor
- Dell computer screen black - How-To - Laptop computer
- Help! My Dell Laptop screen is black!! ✓ - Forum - Monitor
- Dell laptop screen goes black when hdmi connected ✓ - Forum - Laptop
I don't know if this will fix your problem but it sounds like some how the VGA resolution may be set at an incompatible size, what you could try is when the system is booting up hit (I forget the exact button for dells) but I believe it is f5 or f8, it should bring up a screen to boot into safe mode and a few other options you want to look down abit and you should see on option to restore default VGA settings, click that and hopefully this will fix your problem.
I am having the SAME problem - mine is two months old so still with in warranty but when I called Dell they said it was "software" issues and that is not covered by warranty and they wanted to charge me $139 for them to fix the issue. It doesn't sound like software to me...which by the way they loaded all the software in the laptop!