How to fix black Dell Comp Screen

Closed
CareCare - Jun 14, 2009 at 07:04 PM
 dell issue - Oct 5, 2010 at 09:04 AM
Ok,
As soon as i turn on the computer it has the dell sign and everything just like a normal start up. But then all of a sudden it just turns to black screen and I have no access to my desktop or ANYTHING! I have called dell but they want to charge me for "dell on call" and i just dont have the money right now. They did a scan & they said that there is NO virus in the actrual computer. Can anyone give me some instructions to just get my screen & desktop back for right now & as soon as i can aford it il get the dell on call???? I know like the first step is to press "F2" or "F12" but I dont know what to do after that.
(yes i have gone to dellsupporthelp.com)

Im using another computer to ask this ques & look up the instructions but have not been successful....
Related:

2 responses

Taishi Posts 6 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 28, 2009 11
Jun 14, 2009 at 07:43 PM
I don't know if this will fix your problem but it sounds like some how the VGA resolution may be set at an incompatible size, what you could try is when the system is booting up hit (I forget the exact button for dells) but I believe it is f5 or f8, it should bring up a screen to boot into safe mode and a few other options you want to look down abit and you should see on option to restore default VGA settings, click that and hopefully this will fix your problem.
im having the same problem as the other guy and i have press all of the F keys and nothing
is there any other way to see what is wrong with it
thanks
please email me at ticofl@aol.com
thanks again
tabs > ticofl
Jan 11, 2010 at 09:32 PM
i currently have one in my shop, actually several dells that i use for door stops. dont buy these products, the easiest and simpliest computers to fix is hp and emachines. also stay away from gateway, hope your future purchase is better. i might also suggest medion, these people have the greatest turnaround repair i have ever seen. the computers are also tech easy to service.
I am having the SAME problem - mine is two months old so still with in warranty but when I called Dell they said it was "software" issues and that is not covered by warranty and they wanted to charge me $139 for them to fix the issue. It doesn't sound like software to me...which by the way they loaded all the software in the laptop!