Can't figure out how to sign out of a gmail.com account in desktop website

Solved/Closed
cedahe Posts 2 Registration date Thursday August 1, 2019 Status Member Last seen August 2, 2019 - Aug 1, 2019 at 10:47 PM
cedahe Posts 2 Registration date Thursday August 1, 2019 Status Member Last seen August 2, 2019 - Aug 2, 2019 at 02:36 PM
I would ask this in the "gmail product forum" but it appears to be dead since April (no way to post, no new posts since then), and reddit just seems to be a place to have your posts to new forums removed by bots...

I have an old email "added" to my Gmail account button (top right avatar on the desktop browser, you click it and get the Add Account option), and I used to be able to remove an account there but now I can't find that option anywhere...

This is different than the button at the top right of Chrome next to its address bar (which signs me into the browser itself rather than gmail.com). I've already "signed out" of all accounts on gmail.com (though not Chrome which saves my history and passwords). I don't want to sign out of Chrome, just remove the old added email on gmail.com.

System Configuration: Windows / Chrome 75.0.3770.142
Related:

1 response

cedahe Posts 2 Registration date Thursday August 1, 2019 Status Member Last seen August 2, 2019 2
Aug 2, 2019 at 02:36 PM
I figured it out... I did have to sign out of Chrome to remove accounts from gmail.com :/ which is nonsensical, but OKAY GOOGLE.