TOSHIBA file gone from C: and Program Files

Closed
pixel_dey - Aug 23, 2019 at 05:36 PM
 Blocked Profile - Aug 23, 2019 at 05:45 PM
Hello,

I recently did a full factory reset on my Toshiba Satellite Radius P55W-B5112. Initially I thought everything was okay, then I noticed some keys on my keyboard weren't working as they say (example: my keyboard has the F2 and F3 keys as brighten the screen buttons and they only work as F2/F3 when I simultaneously press the FN button, and they were not brightening my screen when I would press them alone). So when I went to look this up to see how to fix it, I was sent to a YouTube video that said I had to go to the Toshiba System Settings thing from the Program Files and do stuff there to fix it.

When I went to do that the TOSHIBA folder was completely gone and essentially doesn't exist and I don't know how to fix it.

Any advice would be great!
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Aug 23, 2019 at 05:45 PM
Yea that "Toshiba System Settings thing" to "do stuff there to fix it" can be tricky!

1. Go to the maker of the PC, Toshiba
2. Enter your serail number. If you need help finding it, click on the link on the form.
2. Select An operating system.
3. Press Go
4. Download Toshiba Service Station (This application allows your computer to automatically search for TOSHIBA software updates or other alerts from TOSHIBA that are specific to your computer system and its programs)
5. Have fun!