Laptop fails to run on AC Adapter

Closed
DiasFlac Posts 1 Registration date Monday June 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 16, 2009 - Jun 16, 2009 at 08:48 AM
bloodveyors Posts 4 Registration date Saturday March 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 16, 2009 - Jun 16, 2009 at 09:00 AM
Hey, I have a HP Pavilion dv5000 series Laptop. It's fairly old now close to 3 years. Last Fall the Original AC adapter had taken damage and thus i was forced to get a new one. This new one is a 65W and ever since the day i recieved it. It was a little bit off. at first it needed to be moved around or "Jiggled" a little bit but it would charge fine afterward. and soon after it no longer required you to do so. Could just plug it in and it would be all set. However recently it has been requiring alot of work to get it to Charge/Run on AC Power. and now it won't Charge at all. It started out by occasionally flashing the power, and charge display lights on the front of the laptop. Now I'm not sure what solution there is for this problem. Or whether it is the AC Adapter failing to charge or if the intake to the Laptop is damaged or malfunctioning.
Related:

1 response

bloodveyors Posts 4 Registration date Saturday March 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 16, 2009 1
Jun 16, 2009 at 09:00 AM
Yea you will have to verify if the charger is not working or if there's a problem with the laptop!
Just try to get another charger and try charging your laptop!