Usb hard drive can work with mac os?

Closed
Kousalya - Jun 16, 2009 at 04:30 PM
 RedPill - Dec 16, 2009 at 12:00 AM
Hello,
Ive a USB hardisk which is having word doc /pdf and picture files which were copied from windows os laptop. Im thinking of buying a mack book now, can the mac book able to read the fils from the usb external hard disk and access those files? please let me know.

Thanks
Kousalya
Related:

2 responses

Yes, a USB Hard Drive will be able to work. It will mount onto your desktop. Finder will probably recommend "reformatting to a mac" format. Don't do that if you want to use it again on your windows computer. Also, formatting erases all of the data.
Chris, i actually did reformat my brand new WD EXT HARD Drive on my Macbook Pro and now i am not able to use it on my windows lap top, can you recommend anything to fix this problem? could you please e-mail me directly to Igor_SQA@yahoo.com
thank you very much!

Igor
Jrod > igor_sqa
Nov 26, 2009 at 11:31 PM
I'm also having the same issue. Formatted on mac and need to us on pc. WD 1Tb usb drive?
You can reformat it by going to windows and format it. IF it asks you which one to choose FAT or NTSF.. Click on FAT format. This will allow you to be able to access the external HD through windows or Mac.. Both can read FAT formats...

Hope this helps...