- Usb hard drive can work with mac os?
- USB hard drive not showing up: Windows - Guide
- External USB hard drive doesn't show up in My Computer ✓ - Forum - Hard Drive/SSD
- 500 GB WD Portable USB Hard Drive Not Recogni ✓ - Forum - Windows
- Usb hard drive slow transfer speed ✓ - Forum - Hard Drive/SSD
- Run windows xp from usb hard drive ✓ - Forum - Windows XP
Yes, a USB Hard Drive will be able to work. It will mount onto your desktop. Finder will probably recommend "reformatting to a mac" format. Don't do that if you want to use it again on your windows computer. Also, formatting erases all of the data.