Need to start computer twice since update

Closed
Bugsb - Jun 16, 2009 at 06:14 PM
 Bugsb - Aug 1, 2009 at 08:29 PM
Hello,
I am using Windows Vista Home Premium. Immediately after updating to service pack 2 when I turn my computer on it gets to the very beginning start where it is doing a memory check and says memory check OK then freezes there. None of the keyboard functions work. I then have to do a hard shutdown then restart and it starts up normally. The first time it did this I thought it was an anomaly but it does it each and every time. It takes two starts to start up. Does anyone else have this problem? I can only think that it is something that was done through service pack 2.
Related:

3 responses

I found the solution to my own problem and thought I would pass it along to others so that they would not have to go through the frustration I have gone through. If you have a USB hub and other USB devices connected to your computer DISCONNECT them before allowing Vista to install service pack 2. If you don't it will reconfigure some of them including your motherboard ports. It took a lot of juggling and trial and error to find the solution but voila my computer is up and running again. No thanks to Microsoft. I rebooted the USB hub and changed ports in the rear of the computer. One of them is completely non functional now. I also had to switch ports for my garmin device. At first I thought it was a bad USB hub but it wasn't. It was something (don't ask me what) that Microsoft programmed when they did there service pack FIX(?)
Thnks for sharing, same is happening to me since i did some trial and error to find the apropiate drivers for a USB hub that had NO identification at all. Now i have to turn on my computer, wait for BIOS to check the memory, then hit the restart button/turn off and on again for windows to boot. Ill try removing the extra drivers that i added and see if it keeps happening
Thanks for the info. I am going to try solving the problem through Microsoft's tech support but if that fails who knows? Again thanks.