No Sound when watching videos via HDMI to my TV

Solved/Closed
rubinontheroad Posts 2 Registration date Thursday January 9, 2020 Status Member Last seen January 9, 2020 - Jan 9, 2020 at 10:26 AM
rubinontheroad Posts 2 Registration date Thursday January 9, 2020 Status Member Last seen January 9, 2020 - Jan 9, 2020 at 03:56 PM
I have an up to date win 10 LT, which I have used to watch videos via a MDMI cable to my TV (Vizio 3 yrs old) for many months.
Now, with no changes on my part, I can watch the video but get no audio through the TV. In fact the audio has disappeared from my list of sound devices, so I can not choose it. I have read on help forums and have tried various things, to try to solve the issue. I've exhausted my limited tech knowledge and need help. If this help info, is not to complicated, I can try the solution. I have no idea what has caused this change of LT/MDMI/TV/speakers settings.

1 response

rubinontheroad Posts 2 Registration date Thursday January 9, 2020 Status Member Last seen January 9, 2020 1
Jan 9, 2020 at 03:56 PM
Hi folks, thanks, although I checked Device Manager before, I didn't look under Sound Video and Game Controllers, this time I did and found 2 of everything and Intel(R) Audio had one with the little yellow alert. I went to it checked the driver, updated it and "yer bums a plum", it worked. The sound device is now listed as "HDMI". Many thanks even though no one got to me before I stumbled on the answer...Please mark this issue closed.....