Flash disk says write protected and can't be formated, but it could be virus

Closed
Tselotea - Jan 14, 2020 at 08:20 AM
nathanwirth Posts 324 Registration date Thursday May 22, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 27, 2022 - Jan 23, 2020 at 07:07 AM
Hi there, i have tried all the command and Redegit methods but none of them are working for me. In using the command, after i have typed the Disk clear readonly, it says it's successful but it's still the same and when i type in the command Attributes disk again, still the readonly says Yes. And on the Redegit method, the write protect value is already 0 but still my flash disk says it is write protected when copying or sending files to it. So please let me know if you have any solutions. Thanks

System Configuration: Windows / Chrome 69.0.3497.100
Related:

1 response

nathanwirth Posts 324 Registration date Thursday May 22, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 27, 2022 28
Jan 23, 2020 at 07:07 AM
If you are getting write protection error while accessing the drive then it means that you don't have access to that drive. Reason behind this issue can be the incompatibility issue of the drive with your system. In addition, you said that you are unable to format the drive, so i would suggest you to you to use the diskpart command to wipe the drive.