Dell 1501 laptop won't boot

Closed
steve a - Jun 17, 2009 at 06:15 PM
 Mike - Jun 25, 2009 at 12:09 AM
Hello,
I have had a simular instance
I had a blue screen of death and reinstalled xp and deleted the partition and the whole bit. Everything was running smooth until I noticed in the device manager I needed a few more drivers. So I went to dell support and typed in my service tag and they supplied me with plenty of updates. Upon installing about 6 driver updates and new ones i noticed two ?s had went away. So I continued to download the rest then my computer froze up ctrl alt delete, power button, esc., nothing would shut it down until I pulled the power cord. Upon rebooting my lights 3 of them all at once would flash for a mili second. Then the fan kicks in and I can hear the cd rom drive working and then nothing. the screen never flinched and won't come on. I have pulled all the cards, battery, cleaned with air, hit f8, hit f5......... this is my only hope. I keep seeing similar forums where they pull the cmos, battery and everything returns. Thank You for any response or help. Steve A Michigan
Related:

1 response

I'm having the same exact problem (mine came after an attempted bios update). Any help?