Local drive

Closed
vilek Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday February 25, 2020 Status Member Last seen February 25, 2020 - Feb 25, 2020 at 03:08 PM
nathanwirth Posts 324 Registration date Thursday May 22, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 27, 2022 - Feb 26, 2020 at 01:00 AM
I used to get disk error messages since past 1 month but when I restarted the laptop, it displayed the message checking and repairing disk errors and do the process for 1 hour or something, so I thought the problem was solved but it turned bad so I had to reinstall Windows, after windows was reinstalled I can't open the "local disk D" when I double click on it says
"D:\ is not accessible
The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable"
and I have all my important data on the same drive
Could anyone please help me out with this?
Related:

1 response

nathanwirth Posts 324 Registration date Thursday May 22, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 27, 2022 28
Feb 26, 2020 at 01:00 AM
Drive inaccessible is the most common issue and so its many fixes are available. Read below some which can help you to resolve this drive inaccessible issue.

Error checking tool - Try you luck with error checking tool, just do right click on the drive then click on properties to open properties option window. Now go to the "Tools" tab and click on "check" button available "Error checking". This option will help to check and fix the drive for file system errors.

Use check disk command to detect and fix hard drive issues.

Hope these fixes will help you!