Not able to add new books to Foliant ebook reader

Closed
babu7 Posts 29 Registration date Friday October 13, 2017 Status Member Last seen May 23, 2023 - Mar 15, 2020 at 09:04 PM
babu7 Posts 29 Registration date Friday October 13, 2017 Status Member Last seen May 23, 2023 - Mar 20, 2020 at 12:34 PM
I use a Samsung SM B313E Java mobile phone.

I have installed Albite Reader as well as Foliant 0.7 Beta 3 in order to read ebooks.

Both these worked until now.

In Foliant 0.7 Beta 3, I am unable to add new books.

I tried many times but was just not able to add any new books to Foliant.

I always receive the error message "Not enough memory to run Foliant. Please exit one or other applications and then try again".

Apart from this (not being able to add new books), there is no other problem. I can read all the other books added previously without any trouble.

A Google search yielded no results as I have a java phone and the fixes available are all meant for PCs.

What exactly should I do to add new books to Foliant?
Related:

2 responses

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,926
Mar 19, 2020 at 09:08 AM
Hello, how much free space do you have on your Samsung phone? It could be that your storage is full and there is no remaining space for downloading new books.

Regards
David Webb

Content Editor and Community Manager - CCM.net

babu7 Posts 29 Registration date Friday October 13, 2017 Status Member Last seen May 23, 2023 2
Updated on Mar 20, 2020 at 12:37 PM
Let me remind you that it is a Java (GPRS) phone and not an Android one.

All the apps like Foliant are stored in an SD card which I insert into the Samsung phone.

Yes, there is plenty of space in that SD card.

Only Foliant is giving me trouble.

Another E-book reader, Albite, which I also have on my SD card is NOT causing any problem and is working fine. I am easily able to add new books into it.

Yes, I tried turning it on and off. That did not work.