Washed white image on LCD panel driven by board with M.NT68676.2 controller...

Closed
pvar Posts 2 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2020 Status Member Last seen May 25, 2020 - May 23, 2020 at 12:57 PM
 Waner - Oct 3, 2020 at 05:12 AM
Hello,
I'm using a controller board with M.NT68676.2 to revive a recycled LCD panel (LM240WU2-SLA1). When I turn it on, the OSD is displayed fine for a couple of seconds and then turns white! The image is still there, but it's washed white, like someone turned the brightness to 100 and the contrast to 0. The same thing happens when I use some video source, like the video output from a Raspberry Pi, or my laptop.

After trying out various ideas (most of them stupid and not mention-worthy) I found out that the image would be displayed fine, if I removed and reinserted the jumper that sets the panel voltage a few times. While doing so, the panel switches on and off and at some point, when I leave the jumper on, the image is displayed correctly...

Does it sound like a problem with the controller board or the panel?

Any clues would be highly appreciated!

Related:

2 responses

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,926
May 25, 2020 at 03:43 AM
Hello, I had a look around and found this forum talking about similar issues. The solution they had was:

Go to NVIDIA Control Panel -> Display -> Change Resolution

Look for "Output color format" and change the setting from 'RGB' to 'YCbCr444'

Specifically their solution was related to the difference between RGB and YCBC settings. This might be of use to you.

Regards
David Webb

Content Editor and Community Manager - CCM.net

pvar Posts 2 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2020 Status Member Last seen May 25, 2020
May 25, 2020 at 03:47 AM
Thanks for your time David!

Unfortunately, my problem seems to be hardware related. It occurs even when no computer is attached to the panel! I suspect it's something on the t-con board or the controller board but I'm not sure. I'm still researching...
Hello, have you find a solution ?
I've got the same pb with same LCD and controller board and i'm stuck with that....