Monday November 25, 2019
Status
Administrator
Last seen
September 23, 2020
-
Hello,

I'll keep this brief;
I've been a starting member of a pretty big Facebook messenger group (10-15 members)
I've been kicked for a silly reason and have been added back twice, but always kicked right out again immediately (not really my fault, trust me) :P

Anyways, the problem I'm having is I can only see messages like 2 days back in both cases I was added back.
Why don't I see the entire conversation? (note that the group is very active)...
Do I need to be in the group for a certain period of time in order to see the whole history? Can I do anything now that I'm outside the group?

Many thanks for any useful info! :)

1 reply

Registration date
Monday November 25, 2019
Status
Administrator
Last seen
September 23, 2020
Hello, you won't be able to see any of the group messages that were posted whilst you were not in the group as an active member.

And if you are still removed from the group, then you will not be able to see the messages posted from within it.

Regards
Registration date
Sunday June 14, 2020
Status
Last seen
June 16, 2020

But pretty much everywhere I look, it says once someone gets back into a group, they can see the entire thread. I'm still confuzed on this matter. Let's say I get added back again, will I be able to see the entire thread after certain period of time in the Messenger group?
Registration date
Monday November 25, 2019
Status
Administrator
Last seen
September 23, 2020
2,569 >
Registration date
Sunday June 14, 2020
Status
Last seen
June 16, 2020

I couldn't say. From personal experience, when I've joined a group that has already been created, I can only see messages from the point that I joined and not before.