Pc Repair

Closed
Cowleycl91 Posts 2 Registration date Monday July 6, 2020 Status Member Last seen July 9, 2020 - Jul 6, 2020 at 04:11 PM
Cowleycl91 Posts 2 Registration date Monday July 6, 2020 Status Member Last seen July 9, 2020 - Jul 9, 2020 at 06:34 AM
So what happend is I was streaming a tv show on my PC from the internet when out the blue it shows me a message saying my PC ran into some problems and has to restart so I decided to leave it to restart

Then it just switched off and wouldn't restart so I then tried to start it up manually but nothing. My PC switches on it seem light's flash, DVD drive opens and closes but nothing on my screen my monitor shows no signal. And the light that indicates my harddrive is in use is dead it's almost asof my hard-drives aren't connected.

I've disconnected everything and put everything back together with no luck and there is no beeping to indicate what the problem it. I'm still quite new to repairing a PC and I would like to know how I could fix this specific issue.

I bought the motherboard and HDD from a Friend and it worked perfectly I installed new HDDs to up my storage and I've removed them with the same end result it won't boot up

Please can anyone help
Related:

1 response

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,925
Jul 7, 2020 at 03:02 AM
Hello, when you saw the message "Pc ran into problems..." what is/was the stop code at the bottom of the page.

For example here the stop code is: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

On this site there is a list of other stop codes. If you know your code it could help troubleshoot the issue.

Regards
David Webb

Content Editor and Community Manager - CCM.net

Cowleycl91 Posts 2 Registration date Monday July 6, 2020 Status Member Last seen July 9, 2020
Jul 9, 2020 at 06:34 AM
I couldn't see the code. The screen went black and my PC switched off before I had the chance. I've been troubleshooting my PC I've tried the RAM, Unplugging my graphics, sound and Wi-Fi Card and Unplugging my Hard drive hopping it would show no bootable device but nothing it still won't switch on I can't even go into my bios