Question about the box on the top of my mail area

Solved/Closed
corvairbob Posts 6 Registration date Thursday July 9, 2020 Status Member Last seen July 15, 2020 - Jul 9, 2020 at 08:35 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14305 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 18, 2024 - Jul 15, 2020 at 07:11 PM
Hello,
a few days ago all of a sudden i started to get when opening ebay email on the top part of the email screen a ebay section. that section show what looks like to me just a bunch of what ebay thinks i might want to see. so i switched back to basic mail for a day and then i went back to the new email again and for the most part they were gone.

then all of a sudden about the last email i got from ebay they were back. this takes about all the available email viewing area away now. so now i have to scroll down to finish looking at what is in the ebay email.

is there a way to get that gone. or is that some kind of ebay thing. being it was not ther in the basic mail and then when i switched back it was gone for most of the emails from ebay then at the end it started showing up again. if i can't switch that off then i guess i go back to basic email. thanks

System Configuration: Windows / Chrome 83.0.4103.116
Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14305 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 18, 2024 1,891
Updated on Jul 9, 2020 at 07:23 PM
Hi,

I suggest you change your message preferences as described in this thread on Ebay.
corvairbob Posts 6 Registration date Thursday July 9, 2020 Status Member Last seen July 15, 2020
Jul 9, 2020 at 07:36 PM
those have nothing to do with what i see. what is going on just started to happen. what i see is a box on top of my normal email from ebay. it take about 1/2 the email viewing page. as a test i went back to basic mail and those were not there. when i switched back to the normal latest yahoo email i now see them about half the time. i expect they will soon be there for every ebay email.

so for me now to see the items that ebay sends for all the watches i have i now have to scroll down to get them to start showing. i may just have to go back to basic mail again and live with it.

before this all started for every ebay email i could see about all the items they sent me along the top part of the email page. they still have a small section along the top but that did not inhibit viewing the main part of the ebay email. so before this started i could see what i wanted and then if i was not interested i could just delete the message and go on, now i have to scroll down to see the items and then delete if not interested. this now is one more thing i have to do to see ebay messages.

if i can't stop it with the regular email then back to basic. thanks
HelpiOS Posts 14305 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 18, 2024 1,891 > corvairbob Posts 6 Registration date Thursday July 9, 2020 Status Member Last seen July 15, 2020
Jul 11, 2020 at 06:08 PM
I don't know if it's related, but you can try to change your Yahoo Mail theme and layout. Otherwise, try reporting your case to Yahoo using their Feedback tool available by clicking the Settings icon in the inbox.
corvairbob Posts 6 Registration date Thursday July 9, 2020 Status Member Last seen July 15, 2020 > HelpiOS Posts 14305 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 18, 2024
Jul 11, 2020 at 06:20 PM
i will give it a try but at first glance after changing them around it did not help. but it may take another round of emails to see if it did change. i wonder if it is something to do with yahoo just adding more adds to try and grab you. i do not see them in other email only from ebay emails on the searches i have on the ebay site. just about every email now has 1/3 the top of the normal email view screen taken up with those add. and it is from things i searched for.

i did go into ebay and there is nothing in any of my account type settings that make a difference. thanks
HelpiOS Posts 14305 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 18, 2024 1,891 > corvairbob Posts 6 Registration date Thursday July 9, 2020 Status Member Last seen July 15, 2020
Jul 12, 2020 at 12:28 PM
It's strange that this only concerns emails sent by Ebay and not the others... This may have something to do with the new Yahoo interface I think.
corvairbob Posts 6 Registration date Thursday July 9, 2020 Status Member Last seen July 15, 2020 > HelpiOS Posts 14305 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 18, 2024
Jul 12, 2020 at 01:04 PM
thanks it just not be a doable thing that can be fixed. i will try firefox next time i get ebay mail and see if i still have all those adds along the top part of the email. i'm leaning on ebay inserting them somehow like you were thinking early on. if they show up in firefox then i may switch to gmail and see if they show up there.

i'm so use to yahoo and all my email goes to yahoo that i hate to have to switch but if yahoo forces me to switch then off i go. it is kind of like phone numbers once you have all your friends and family used to a number it is hard to change it. but if i have to then i have to. i'm not going to put up with all those adds along the top of the email if i can help it. i see people that pay for yahoo mail also have this and are complaining. but thanks for the ideas and the help.