-
Registration date
Friday October 30, 2015
Status
Last seen
October 23, 2020
-
Hello,
a few days ago all of a sudden i started to get when opening ebay email on the top part of the email screen a ebay section. that section show what looks like to me just a bunch of what ebay thinks i might want to see. so i switched back to basic mail for a day and then i went back to the new email again and for the most part they were gone.

then all of a sudden about the last email i got from ebay they were back. this takes about all the available email viewing area away now. so now i have to scroll down to finish looking at what is in the ebay email.

is there a way to get that gone. or is that some kind of ebay thing. being it was not ther in the basic mail and then when i switched back it was gone for most of the emails from ebay then at the end it started showing up again. if i can't switch that off then i guess i go back to basic email. thanks

System Configuration: Windows / Chrome 83.0.4103.116

1 reply

Registration date
Friday October 30, 2015
Status
Last seen
October 23, 2020
Hi,

I suggest you change your message preferences as described in this thread on Ebay.
Thank you

Glad we were able to help! Love us? Write us a review! Rate CCM

CCM 2942 users have said thank you to us this month

Registration date
Friday October 30, 2015
Status
Last seen
October 23, 2020
845 >
Registration date
Thursday July 9, 2020
Status
Last seen
July 15, 2020

Don't hesitate to let me know if there are any changes with Firefox or not.

Before switching to Gmail, I've another suggestion. Download AdBlock Plus, then once installed, go to your Yahoo mailbox and click the AdBlock Plus icon in your browser's navigation bar. Select Block element, hover the mouse over the element you want to remove from the page and double click on it. Then click Add.

I understand that it can be annoying to have to change your email address, so I suggest you link your Yahoo Mail account to Gmail instead of recreating a new email account. (Of course, you can first create a new Gmail account if you don't have one). To do so, click the Settings icon in the Gmail inbox and select Settings.

Next, go to Accounts and Import and click Add a mail account in Check mail from other accounts. Enter your Yahoo email address, click Next, and choose the Link accounts with Gmailify option. Then when you're redirected to the Yahoo login page, click Agree.
Registration date
Thursday July 9, 2020
Status
Last seen
July 15, 2020
>
Registration date
Friday October 30, 2015
Status
Last seen
October 23, 2020

ok this is what i'm talking about see the add on top of the actual email and that stuff has nothing to do with what i saved watched or even close to the sellers i have saved. it is just some random bs that shows up in my ebay email about everyday now. this did not start until about a week ago. thanks

well i can see this in firefox also but it may be because it was visible in yahoo. so the jury is out yet on firefox yet and i do not have gmail set up yet so maybe wednesday i will switch for a bit to see if it keep doing it. if so then a call to ebay may be in order.
Registration date
Friday October 30, 2015
Status
Last seen
October 23, 2020
845 >
Registration date
Thursday July 9, 2020
Status
Last seen
July 15, 2020

They look like sponsored products. AdBlock couldn't block them?
Registration date
Thursday July 9, 2020
Status
Last seen
July 15, 2020
>
Registration date
Friday October 30, 2015
Status
Last seen
October 23, 2020

thanks someone told me about ublock origin and i took adblock out and put ublock origin in and so far that is taking the adds out. both on the side bar in the mail and in the main txt body above the real message. so i will see how this works for a few weeks to give it a chance to prove out. thanks
Registration date
Friday October 30, 2015
Status
Last seen
October 23, 2020
845 >
Registration date
Thursday July 9, 2020
Status
Last seen
July 15, 2020

Ublock Origin is a good suggestion. It is an extension just as effective as AdBlock.