Recovery of Hotmail Account

Closed
Kassie - Sep 6, 2020 at 11:20 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14306 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 18, 2024 - Sep 9, 2020 at 06:46 PM
Hello,

I am trying to recover my account. NOTHING is working. When I put the account in I am told that it does not exist and that I can make a new one so when I try to make one with the same account information because 'it does not exist' It tells me that it is owned by someone else. There is more to the story. I had been using this particular account as a recovery account for my school technology department of which I was the administrator. When I was leaving the school, I changed all my personal connections and somehow, it seemed to have kicked out and delete my personal account.

Sounds confusing! It is driving me mad because it keeps sending me in circles!!!

Can anyone suggest something other than what I have tried? Have not been able to get through to Microsoft. Thank you!
Related:

2 responses

HelpiOS Posts 14306 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 18, 2024 1,891
Sep 7, 2020 at 09:14 AM
Hi,

After 2 years of inactivity, Hotmail accounts are automatically deleted and recovery will not be possible. If you delete the account by yourself, you've 60 days to cancel the deletion by signing in on this page.

Even if the account is permanently deleted, you may not be able to reuse the username for privacy reasons. In this case, you must use another username.

Also, third-party tools are unable to recover a Hotmail account if it is deleted, but they can only recover deleted emails from your messaging software (Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.) Here's an example of those tools.
Thank you. I have gone around and around in circles with that recovery page. I had the authenticator set up and a secondary email but none are helping with the recovery.

I did not delete the account and it was active. I simply replaced the email address in a work account and there was no warning that the account would be deleted. I am not happy about this because I have other accounts for which this hotmail is the log in and they are sending me information for which I have no access. I have tried everything. People keep sending me the same link.
HelpiOS Posts 14306 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 18, 2024 1,891 > Kassie
Sep 9, 2020 at 06:46 PM
Send an email to your Hotmail account and see if you receive an error message after a few minutes. In case the account is no longer available or disabled, you'll be informed in that message.
prince0052 Posts 7 Registration date Saturday September 5, 2020 Status Member Last seen September 8, 2020
Updated on Sep 7, 2020 at 01:08 AM
Unblock your account

Go to the reset password section of the Hotmail website to recover your account and reset your password. Enter the email address of your blocked account and enter the characters you see on your screen and select Next. And follow the steps and so easily your account is recovered.
That does not work and the message I receive does not say that account is blocked.