Dell monitor won't exit power saving mode--changed battery!

Closed
phop_2655 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday December 12, 2020 Status Member Last seen December 16, 2020 - Dec 16, 2020 at 01:12 AM
David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   - Dec 17, 2020 at 05:24 AM
hello all,
so i've tried every solution suggested here (turned off computer, unplugged all peripherals, tried rebooting with F5 key, held power button for 20 secs) and finally took the darn thing apart and replaced the motherboard battery. re-plugged everything in, booted up, and...no dice. It's worth noting this Dell tower is about 8 years old, and this happened once before recently but it resolved on its own. I don't think my laptop can drive the monitor, even if it had the right ports. i'm on the latest version of Windows, do all the recommended updates, and use anti-malware software. I really need the large monitor and ergo keyboard to work. help!

1 response

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,925
Dec 17, 2020 at 05:24 AM
Hello, besides what Dell suggest to do in their open help forum, I don't know what else to suggest. You've already done what Dell suggest:
  • Turn the monitor off
  • Disconnect every cable (including the power cable) from the rear and side of the monitor
  • Press the monitor power button in for 8 seconds
  • Reconnect the power cable and a single video cable to the monitor and retest

If you can get your hands on another monitor to troubleshoot and be sure if its not a problem with your PC that would help. Because you don't want to be buying a new monitor, if the monitor isn't the problem. Or alternatively, to see if its the PC, test your monitor on another PC if possible.

Regards