Appear offline while online

Closed
Julie - Updated on Jan 8, 2021 at 10:55 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14321 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen May 3, 2024 - Jan 9, 2021 at 03:30 PM
Hello,

Is there a way to ask whatsapp for this super important feature:
HIDE ONLINE STATUS ??
I am NOT referring to "last seen"
I am referring to the fact that anyone who clicks on my name on whatsapp , can see if I am online or not! This is so wrong ! Whatsapp is actually denying our right to privacy..!
If I am chatting with one person, It doesn't mean I want others to know i am online and to start messaging me!
I switch to standard sms so many times just because of that! And so do a lot of other users !

And another thing, why can't we SCHEDULE THE TIME for sending a message? We have this feature on gmail and even on sms (!), why can't we have it here? This is SO important !!!

I tried contacting them so many times but ..no response. Could someone have a way to get the message through to them? (Maybe beta testers?)

Thank you.

System Configuration: Android / Chrome 80.0.3987.149
Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14321 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen May 3, 2024 1,887
Jan 9, 2021 at 03:30 PM
Hi,

You can try joining their beta program as you suggested from the Play Store/App Store, so that you can suggest some new features. It may be a good idea.

To appear offline, there is a workaround even if WhatsApp doesn't have a dedicated option. Take a look at this article.