Sound not transmitted from HDMI cable

Solved/Closed
MIKE - Jun 22, 2009 at 12:17 PM
 Viziostressing - Nov 30, 2013 at 04:46 PM
Hello,
I have a HP EliteBook 8530w with Windows XP, I recently wanted to watch a movie on my VIZIO TV.
For some reason the sound is not transmitting through the HDMI cable to the TV, the picture is great but the only sound is coming out of the laptop.

Oh and this is not a DVD I am trying to watch from an AVI file.

Thanks
Mike

2 responses

I had the same problem on my HP Elitebook 8350w running Windows 7 Enterprise. In Vista there was an HDMI output. In Windows 7 there is just the default "SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio" speakers and SPDIF Interface. I had to switch the default output sound to SPDIF and it started working. Of course it has to be switched back to Speakers later when I want the sound to come through the laptop speakers.
Thanks a lot man... it worked
Help it is not working!
my sony is saying: Not supported audio signal =(
On Elitebook 8530w, I had to install the latest NVIDIA driver where the option "AUDIO OUTPUT" was disabled by default. Many days of searching to finally get it.
Once that driver installed, switch the default Audio output to SPDIF.
Where did you find the driver? I can't seem to find it... I also have a HP Elitebook 8530w with Windows 7, Professional however. (32-bit)
rossdavid Posts 185 Registration date Tuesday November 18, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 6, 2010 29
Jun 22, 2009 at 12:21 PM
Check all the plugs and then try again... also check your sound properties!