Windows Me external hardrive

Closed
ALSMOOVE - Jun 23, 2009 at 01:44 PM
sadgurl Posts 697 Registration date Thursday May 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 24, 2010 - Jun 23, 2009 at 01:48 PM
Hello,
I was just given a PC, and it has Windows Me on it, and it wont show up a Usb hardrive. It installed some software to recognize it. But, the software is on the hardrive, dlls and all. I had to go to Add hardware to get it to try to install it but, when I click have disk it wont show up. Usually when I plug in anything Usb it comes up soon as. It shows my flash drive and my Mp3 player. It didn't show when you get to the choose from the list part. I chose Usb disk and it just shows that its plugged in thats it. I can't see the contents of the drive. I was gonna try storage device or whatever to see if that works. It showed up on my other PC. But the other PC is hit with that Security 2009 virus so I don't use it anymore. Please someone comment!!!
Related:

1 response

sadgurl Posts 697 Registration date Thursday May 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 24, 2010 219
Jun 23, 2009 at 01:48 PM
Hello you should install the software which came with the external hard drive to use it on your Me pc!