Following someone i didn’t follow while the app was deleted

Closed
bellapattersonn - Jun 28, 2021 at 01:55 PM
David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   - Jun 29, 2021 at 04:29 AM
Hello,
this may seem kind of crazy, but i need answers because my boyfriend is mad at me and doesn’t believe me. my boyfriend and i decided to delete instagram together and do a social media cleanse. we got it back one time and then deleted again. he recently logged into my instagram to see if i still had it deleted but noticed that i was following someone i wasn’t following before. it was someone who goes to my school. but the crazy thing is, i didn’t follow the person. i had instagram deleted the whole time. i requested data from instagram and it said i followed the person on june 7th (when i had instagram deleted). help? my boyfriend is really mad at me and i didn’t even follow the person :(

1 response

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,926
Jun 29, 2021 at 04:29 AM
Hello, this does seem odd if your Instagram account was temporarily deleted at the time that your account followed this person...

It could be that someone with access to your Instagram password logged in to your account, and followed this person. Although it seems unlikely that you account has been hacked by a 3rd party (because why would they follow this one particular person).

I don't know if this is possible, but maybe see if you can get the IP address that your account was connected to when this account was followed on the 7th. With this, you would be able to tell if the follow came directly from your device, or elsewhere.

To avoid this type of situation occurring in the future, change your Instagram password, and keep it to yourself - that way you are the only one who should be able to login to your account.

Regards