October 13, 2021
-
Registration date
Friday October 30, 2015
Status
Last seen
October 26, 2021
-
I noticed that when I send a Messenger message, it sometimes only gets ticked as "Sent" instead of "Read" or at least "Delivered" on my side, even though the person on the other side said he read it.
I'm sending them with Messenger from a Windows 10 desktop. (UK to Spain, if that makes any difference).

Any explanation to this?

3 replies

Registration date
Friday October 30, 2015
Status
Last seen
October 26, 2021
Hi,

I think your contact has turned off the "Send Read Receipts" option of their account, that's why you only see the "Sent" or "Delivered" status, even if they confirm that they've read your message.
Registration date
Wednesday October 13, 2021
Status
Last seen
October 13, 2021

Super thanks, that explains it.

Do you know by any chance if that would make the message appear as "sent" or "delivered"? ...it's appearing as "sent" to me.

Explained here:
https://gadgets.ndtv.com/how-to/features/whatsapp-facebook-messenger-imessage-read-receipt-turn-off-steps-guide-how-to-2462470
Registration date
Friday October 30, 2015
Status
Last seen
October 26, 2021
  • "Sent" means that Facebook's servers has received your message and can now deliver it to the recipient.
  • "Delivered" means that your message has been received on the recipient's device - but it doesn't confirm that they've seen it.

If the recipient has seen your message (either you see "Read" or they reply) but you still see "Sent", this may be caused by network delays - or the app itself hasn't been refreshed, which is why the status hasn't changed.