Clean up C Drive

Closed
jimeddy003 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday November 17, 2021 Status Member Last seen November 23, 2021 - Nov 23, 2021 at 11:57 PM
Irina2207 Posts 46 Registration date Friday January 21, 2022 Status Member Last seen June 26, 2023 - Feb 25, 2022 at 02:57 AM
Hello...
I am using windows 10 pro, sometimes I follow that my PC's C drives are full but I don't install any software, Is it the cause to slow down my PC? and How do I clean up my C drive from unused data?
I have HP ProBook 450 g4 laptop PC.
Related:

2 responses

nathanwirth Posts 324 Registration date Thursday May 22, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 27, 2022 28
Nov 24, 2021 at 01:40 AM
Hi,

I know 2 options that can help you to clean up C drive, you can try any of them that will suits you the most. Now read below to know them.

Use Disk Cleanup - This method will help you to see a list of items that can be removed, including temporary files and more. In order to clean the disk, do right-click on C drive and select properties. After this under the "General" tab you will see the "Disk Cleanup" button, just click on that button. Now you will see a list of items that can be of no use and removed. Select those folders and click on the Ok button. Once you complete the process you will see free-up space in the drive.

Now let's jump to another method,

Bitraser File Eraser Software - This is a software-oriented and promising method. Just install this software on your system and open its interface. Once you open its interface you will see 4 different options, just select the "Erase Deleted Data" option and select C drive and click on the "Erase Now" button. By following mentioned steps your already deleted files will be erased forever. No traces nothing will be left on the drive and it will free up the occupied space by already deleted files traces.

This tool also gives the Scheduler option, through which you can schedule the erasure of files, folders, and traces at frequencies ranging from once, daily, weekly to monthly, or with system boot. This will help to prevent the system slow down and maintaining your PC health.

Let me know if any of them will work for you!
Irina2207 Posts 46 Registration date Friday January 21, 2022 Status Member Last seen June 26, 2023 34
Feb 25, 2022 at 02:57 AM
Uninstall Junk Applications

If you have been using your Windows system for a while now, then it must have accumulated a lot of unwanted applications. To start with, you can review all the installed applications on your system and get rid of all the "junk" programs that you no longer need.

1. Uninstalling apps on Windows 10/8/7 is pretty easy. To start with, you can just visit Windows' Settings from its Start menu. Once it is launched, visit its "System" settings.
2. . As the System Settings would be loaded on the screen, visit the "Apps & features" option from the sidebar. This will list all the applications that are currently installed on your system.

3. Select the application you wish to remove and double-click its icon to get more options. Click on the "Uninstall" button from here.
4. If you get a confirmation prompt, click on the "Uninstall" button again and enter the administrator details of the system. Wait for a while as the application would be deleted from your computer.

While the process is the same to uninstall apps in Windows, the overall interface might vary among different versions. Also, consider restarting your system after uninstalling apps to reset its app data and cache content.

Delete Junk Files by Storage Sense

If you have a Windows 10 #1903 (released on May 10, 2019) or a newer version, then you can also take the assistance of Storage Sense. It is an inbuilt Windows Utility tool that can help you free up space on C drive automatically. When turned on, it will optimize space on the C drive by deleting the unwanted temp files and managing the OneDrive data. Here's how to increase the C drive space with the Storage Sense settings.

1. From the start menu, go to Windows' Settings and navigate to System > Storage. Here, you can turn on the "Storage Sense" feature.
2. To further customize things, you can click on the "Change how we free up space automatically" button adjacent to it.

3. This will provide a list of various options that you can select to clear C drive. For instance, you can turn on the automatic deletion of temporary files, remove data from Recycle Bin, and make cloud content available on the drive. After making the appropriate selections, click on the "Clean Now" button.

Empty Recycle Bin

If you are a regular Windows user, then you must be familiar with the Recycle Bin. Ideally, when we delete something from the system, it is moved to the Recycle Bin, where it is stored temporarily. Therefore, you can check the Recycle Bin storage and clear it to free up space on the C drive. While doing so, just make sure that you don't get rid of any important file.

1. There are different ways to empty Recycle Bin. For instance, you can just select its icon from the desktop, right-click, and choose the "Empty Recycle Bin" option.
2. Alternatively, if you wish to view the data present in Recycle Bin first, then double-click to open it. From the toolbar, you can also click on the "Empty Recycle Bin" button.
3. Confirm your choice by clicking on the "Yes" button when you get the prompt. In a few seconds, all the stored content from Recycle Bin would be deleted.