4 replies

minmin9
Registration date
Sunday August 22, 2021
Status
Last seen
November 14, 2021
Nov 14, 2021 at 02:16 AM
If its an encrypted drive, I hope you have a supercomputer, some really good luck, and a lot of time. If its just an OS password there are ways to recover the data as long as it isn’t encrypted.
Irina2207
Registration date
Friday January 21, 2022
Status
Last seen
August 8, 2022
Feb 25, 2022 at 01:58 AM
The usual solution for a forgotten hard drive password is to replace the drive and reinstall everything. The password and firmware are stored on a chip on the HDD's control card. It won't work with a different OS, or on a different computer; and if you wipe the chip, the drive won't work.
The priority may be that you come to a professional technician for help, and some tell you it cannot be fixed, you need a brand new hard drive. While others ask for charges. If the budget is affordable, it is advised that you get someone else to fix the problem. It will be time and energy-efficient.

However, if you want to have a great trial to fix it by yourself, just follow me.

Step 1 Press "Win+R" to arouse the "Run" interface
Step 2: input "compmgmt.msc" to "Computer Management" interface
Step 3 Choose the locked drive to perform a quick "Format"

During the formatting process, three notices will jump out:

Back up your data before the format
All your data will be wiped out
Your BitLocker will be erased
After checking the notices, you might insist that there are very important data stored on the drive. Then you will be facing another problem: How to recover the erased data?
You can use the data recovery software to recover your data.
nathanwirth
Registration date
Thursday May 22, 2014
Status
Last seen
July 6, 2022
Nov 16, 2021 at 08:29 AM
Hi,

To be honest it is not possible to recover the hard drive password or to unlock it; however, it is possible to remove the password together with the data, thus making your hard disk accessible and usable again.

Below I am sharing the steps to remove the password

First, you need to download CMOSPWD, extract the folder, and copy it to the C Drive (Or whatever letter is your hard drive)
Next, open a run window (Start Logo + R)
Type “cmd” and press enter
Now type “cd c:\cmospwd-5.0\windows\” (C is drive letter and windows is operating system) and press enter
Next type “ioperm -i” and press enter
After that type “cmospwd_win /k” and press enter
That will bring you to the screen that has the numbers “1” “2” and “0”
Type “2” and press enter…
And now PASSWORD REMOVED
Take the hard drive out and use a SATA-USB adapter to plug it into your computer and pull the data off.