No output device is installed

Closed
Kwandile - Updated on Apr 21, 2022 at 06:55 AM
Irina2207 Posts 46 Registration date Friday January 21, 2022 Status Member Last seen June 26, 2023 - Apr 21, 2022 at 06:48 AM
Hello,

My laptop says no output device is installed.

How can i fix it?

System Configuration: Android / Chrome 56.0.2924.87

2 responses

Irina2207 Posts 46 Registration date Friday January 21, 2022 Status Member Last seen June 26, 2023 34
Apr 21, 2022 at 06:48 AM
Method 1: Use Windows 10's audio troubleshooter
Windows 10 comes equipped with multiple troubleshooters that specialize in finding and resolving issues on your device. Luckily, the one used for getting rid of audio-related errors is readily available on your computer without the need to download a single file.

Here’s what you need to do to run the Windows 10 audio troubleshooter.

Right-click on the volume icon in your system tray, then click on “Troubleshoot sound problems”.
spatial sound
Wait for the troubleshooter to detect issues. If anything is identified, you’ll be able to fix it with the click of a button.
detect problems
Test if your audio works now.

Method 2: Update your audio driver
It’s important to keep your drivers up to date no matter what. They allow your computer to handle third-party equipment and are a core part of your system. If you’re experiencing the “No Audio Output Device Is Installed” error, it might be because of your audio drivers.

Here are the steps to follow to update your audio driver on Windows 10.

Press the Windows + X keys on your keyboard and click on the Device Manager option from the menu.
device manager
Expand the Sound, video, and game controllers menu by clicking on the arrow next to it.
Right-click on your audio device listed in the menu and choose Update Driver.
Allow Windows 10 to look for the newest driver on your local computer or online, then follow any on-screen instructions
Method 3: Manually uninstall your device's driver
If the update didn’t work, we recommend manually uninstalling and allowing Windows 10 to re-install your audio driver. Here’s everything you need to do.

Press the Windows + X keys on your keyboard and click on the Device Manager option from the menu.
device manager
Expand the Sound, video and game controllers menu by clicking on the arrow next to it.
Right-click on your audio device listed in the menu and choose the Uninstall device option.
uninstall
Restart your computer. Windows 10 should automatically re-download the latest version of your audio device driver.

Method 4: Update Windows 10 to the latest version
Some users report that simply updating to the newest version release of Windows 10 made the “No Audio Output Device Is Installed” error go away. As a bonus, you might even get access to new and exciting features, improved security, and more optimization.

Open the Settings application using the Start menu or the Windows + I keyboard shortcut.
power settings option
Click on Update & Security.
update and security
In the Windows Update tab, click on the Check for updates button.
check for updates
If a new update is found, click on the Install button.
After your system successfully installs the newest Windows 10 update, you might be able to see the volume icon showing up properly and your audio functioning again.

Method 5: Check for hardware issues
When none of the methods above work for you, it’s a sign that you might be dealing with hardware issues. This means that your audio device may be damaged, or that the plug you’re using is damaged or not compatible with the device.

I recommend testing the device on a different computer to check whether or not it’s playing any audio. If it isn’t, attempt getting in touch with Microsoft customer service, HP’s support team, or the Dell support agents.

I hope that this was able to help you restore your audio on your Windows operating device.
Gtip_8062 Posts 29 Registration date Wednesday March 23, 2022 Status Member Last seen September 28, 2022 7
Mar 25, 2022 at 04:32 AM
Well I will suggest you to update all the outdated driver in your system. You can update your outdated driver manually and automatically .

For manually updating the driver you just Right-click the start menu and select “Device Manager.” Find the device that requires a driver update and right-click it, then select “Update Driver.”

If you find the manually approach long then you can update you drivers automatically using a good driver updating software like Advanced Driver updater or any other good driver updating software.