Lost Sound on Sony Vaio Laptop

Closed
Mehru - Jun 26, 2009 at 12:01 PM
 Jurgen - Jan 22, 2012 at 09:18 PM
Hello,
I was connecting my laptop to external monitor with speakers I did it for quite few times but now I notice I have lost sound from my laptop speakers. I don't even see the status bar working when I press plus and minus buttons above my laptop. I have removed and reinstalled drivers many times. I have removed and let the PC detect new device and reinstalled driver but I still can not resolve the issue. Please help
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jun 26, 2009 at 12:03 PM
Hye,

You can try to do a system restore... You will be able to get back sound on your pc!

To do a System Restore:

Press Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools
Select System Restore
Choose a date when your pc was running fine! Click next

Let it be done then Restart your pc!

Please note that you won't lose files or mails!
I have suffered the same 'Loss of Sound' with my Vaio Z series laptop. 12 months after purchase, the 'Audio Chip' on this, the most expensive portable laptop in 2011, failed. It cannot be replaced as it is not a audio card but just a chip. The warranty had just expired and the retailer said I should have taken an 'extended warranty' (the cost is 1/4 the value of the computer). I did not think it necessary because Sony sold it as a 'top of the line' product. Sony refuse to help. Shame on you Sony!