Chuwi laptop Keyboard and touchpad not working

Closed
Beverly_W_White Posts 1 Registration date Thursday May 19, 2022 Status Member Last seen May 19, 2022 - Updated on May 19, 2022 at 04:23 AM
uchiha7 Posts 1 Registration date Friday May 20, 2022 Status Member Last seen May 20, 2022 - May 20, 2022 at 03:30 AM
Hey guys … I have this chuwi laptop that i had manjaro on , working fine. Then something broke . So i tried to install arch first. Everything went fine until i rebooted … and the keyboard and the touchpad were not working.
Then i downloaded Manjaro and the mouse and keyboard were not working (in the live enviroment)
Now i downloaded endeavour and it’s the same. No mouse and keyboard.

i did run evtest on the arch install and the keyboard and touchpad were registering events. So those are not dead.
Do you guys have any idea what could be the cause of this.

I tried the fix from the Chuwi forum link shared but did not work for me… Although my touchpad is fine, the keyboard isn’t working. Even I ran this spacebar test but it did not detect any key presses.

Thank you.

1 response

uchiha7 Posts 1 Registration date Friday May 20, 2022 Status Member Last seen May 20, 2022
Updated on May 20, 2022 at 03:30 AM
I think after you rebooted the system, your screen got an issue. I would recommend your to install Opensuse Tumbleweed on your system. If this works, let me know.