Message not downloaded from server

Closed
Matt - Dec 13, 2022 at 05:32 PM
 Kk - Feb 19, 2023 at 05:32 PM

Hello, on my iphone with ios 16 i have two mail accounts using the built in mail app. One is my work email using Exchange ActiveSync and the other is Yahoo for personal email. Since the upgrade to IOS 16, my Yahoo mall frequently gets the "Message not downloaded from the server". I have tried to delete my yahoo account and re-added and i have turned wifi on/of/on, etc. I find this very frustrating. 

ios 16

Related:

2 responses

HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 1,891
Dec 16, 2022 at 05:14 AM

Hi,

I invite you to try the following manipulations:

Go to Settings > Mail > Accounts > Fetch New Data. Turn off Push and set Fetch to Automatically. Check that your Yahoo account is also set to Fetch.

If this doesn't work, delete your account from your iPhone and add it again manually by tapping Accounts > Add Account > Other > Mail. Select IMAP then enter:

Incoming Mail Server

• Host Name: imap.mail.yahoo.com
  • User Name: your email address
  • Password: your password

Outgoing Mail Server

• Host Name: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
  • User Name: your email address
  • Password: your password

If this doesn't work, generate an app password to use it instead of your current password to allow your account to be sync on your iPhone.

Note: generating an app password may not be possible at the moment - refer to this thread. Alternatively, you can use the Yahoo Mail app.

Hope that helps.

Me too, tried all sorts to fix the problem but no joy and no way of contacting Yahoo ????