Transferring WhatsApp iPhone to Note 11 (Android)

Solved/Closed
Reddwarf4ever - Updated on Mar 20, 2023 at 10:58 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14457 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen October 14, 2024 - Mar 7, 2023 at 09:46 AM

Hello,

I am transferring WhatsApp from iPhone 7+ to Note 11…..tried lots of apps, used built in WhatsApp transfer option by cable, also bought the wondershare WhatsApp transfer app, but all I end up with is all the group chat titles but unpopulated i.e no chats whatsoever. WhatsApp is working……if I revert to my iPhone WhatsApp, all the chat history is there……been 4 weeks trying, any help would really be appreciated thanks

Macintosh / Safari 15.6.4

Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14457 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen October 14, 2024 1,860
Mar 7, 2023 at 09:46 AM

Hi,

First of all, please make sure WhatsApp is activated on your iPhone and that the app is on the latest version. You must also use the same phone number. If you want to change it, you must update the phone number on WhatsApp on your iPhone by the new one you want to use.

Still on your iPhone, create a new backup of your chats by opening WhatsApp and going to Settings > Chats > Backup > Back Up Now.

Next, check that your Note 11 is using at least Android 12. If not, update it to the latest version available. Once done, proceed to a factory reset of your Android phone. All data will erased - back up your data first if there's any.

After your Android phone is reset, choose to restore apps and data from your old phone. Connect both your phones together by cable and unlock your iPhone. You can turn off the code to keep it unlocked.

If you get a message "Trust This Computer?" on your iPhone, select Trust. You can now proceed to the data transfer on your Android. Make sure WhatsApp is selected in the list of apps to copy.

In order to allow your WhatsApp chats to be transferred, scan the QR code appearing on your Note 11 using your iPhone's camera. You will then see the Move Chats to Android screen. Simply, select Start and let the copy process begin. If you can't scan the QR code using your iPhone's camera, open WhatsApp and go to Settings > Chats > Move Chats to Android.

Remember to keep the iPhone unlocked. When copying is done, let your Android phone completing setup. This will take several minutes. After that, open WhatsApp and activate it using your phone number - you can request a SMS code or a phone call, then your chat history will be transferred.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!