I'm unable to receive any emails in my Outlook account

Closed
kimkorton Posts 1 Registration date Monday March 13, 2023 Status Member Last seen March 13, 2023 - Updated on Mar 13, 2023 at 03:52 PM
kaylaingavin Posts 2 Registration date Monday March 20, 2023 Status Member Last seen March 20, 2023 - Mar 20, 2023 at 03:05 AM

Hello,

I updated the MX records for my website's email address to point to Outlook, but I'm not receiving any emails in my Outlook account. What could be causing this issue, and how can I resolve it?

Related:

2 responses

HelpiOS Posts 14306 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 18, 2024 1,891
Mar 14, 2023 at 09:42 AM

Hi,

Your MX records should be configured as below for Outlook/Exchange:​​​​​​​

• Record Type: MX
  • Priority: 0
  • Host Name: @
  • Points to address: yourdomain-com.mail.protection.outlook.com
  • TTL: 3600

Hope this helps.

kaylaingavin Posts 2 Registration date Monday March 20, 2023 Status Member Last seen March 20, 2023
Mar 20, 2023 at 03:05 AM

There are a few possible reasons why you might not be receiving emails in your Outlook account after updating the MX records for your website's email address. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

Confirm that the MX records have been updated correctly: Double-check that you entered the correct MX records in your domain registrar's settings. You can use a tool like MX Lookup Tool to check if your MX records are correct and resolving to the correct mail server.

Check if there's a delay in email delivery: It can take up to 48 hours for MX record changes to propagate throughout the internet. If you've recently updated your MX records, you may need to wait for this propagation period to complete.

Verify that your email account is set up correctly: Make sure that your Outlook account is set up correctly and that your email settings are configured properly. Check your email account settings to make sure that you've entered the correct login credentials and server settings.

Check for email filtering or blocking: Some email filters and spam blockers may be blocking your emails from reaching your Outlook account. Check your email filters and spam settings to make sure that emails from your website's email address are not being blocked or sent to spam.

Contact your email provider: If you've tried all of the above steps and are still not receiving emails in your Outlook account, contact your email provider for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional support or troubleshoot the issue on their end.

By following these steps, you should be able to identify and resolve the issue preventing you from receiving emails in your Outlook account.