It shows "No media" when I try to view media, files, & links

purdychelle - Updated on May 4, 2023 at 11:08 AM
 Tania - May 4, 2023 at 02:40 AM

I am trying to view all images my mom has sent me over the last year or two in Messenger, but when I tap on (on my Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra) or click on (on my Windows 10 laptop) View media, files & links, it just says:

No media
Photos and videos you exchange with [Name] will appear here.

On my phone, the app is up-to-date, wifi is connected, I cleared cache, made sure permissions were set to allow pictures and videos, I force quit and reopened the app, I checked downdetector.com but there are no reports of any issues, data saver is off, and I increased my phone's virtual memory to 8GB. Nothing has worked. The only thing I haven't done is uninstall and reinstall, but even if I did, I don't see how that would fix the problem considering I have the same problem on my laptop. It's also among all chats, not just with my mom.

How do I get the media back?? My mom just passed away and I want those images!​​​​​​​
Windows / Chrome 111.0.0.0

Related:

1 response

Hi, I jist noticed it is happening to me too. Can't see my shared media in my messengers conversations. I googled it and this is what I found:

"People also ask

Why can't I see shared media on Messenger?

Messenger might fail to load the shared media files if the internet connection is unstable. Also, always make sure that you are within the range of the Wi-Fi router. If you are not within the range, the internet connection to your phone might be unstable, causing the Messenger photos not loading error.Dec 10, 2021"

I've turn on and off my home internet and my phone's too but doesn't work. Hopefully it will works in a couple hours once mt internet is more stable. 

Be patient, and try later or tomorrow.