Stalked on Instagram

Arthur - May 22, 2023 at 01:36 PM
 Arthur - May 26, 2023 at 11:39 AM

Hello! For 2 weeks now, an unknown person has been bothering me on Instagram. He asks just banal questions, wants to hear advice from me. I answered him for the first days, but his activity in my direction reached the point of absurdity. I started to block him and insisted that he get behind me. Even firm remarks did not help get rid of him. In requests for correspondence, he writes from 15-20 accounts. And this is beyond normal. Trying, it seems, to get me to answer the same question. But I already answered everything at the beginning in the first days. Constantly likes and subscribes to me from new accounts, spamming with a question. A question. How to deal with him? What to do? How to complain about it? Because I ban him as soon as possible, but he still writes to me endlessly.

Android / Chrome 113.0.0.0

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14308 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 22, 2024 1,891
May 22, 2023 at 04:06 PM

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that. What you can do is to report the accounts to Instagram for harassment - report the discussions started by that person so that Instagram can take a look at the messages.

Try reporting 8-10 accounts for now and see after a few days how it goes. Hopefully, Instagram will also block all of the other accounts as well. Note that reporting an account is anonymous.

In the meantime, ignore him completely - don't reply to any of his messages. In case that person becomes more and more insistent, or even aggressive, you should also try reporting him to your local authorities.

Good luck

No, he is not aggressive.  He just wants to know the advice, but I already answered him before.

HelpiOS Posts 14308 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 22, 2024 1,891 > Arthur
Updated on May 26, 2023 at 07:39 AM

Ok - try ignoring him then. If he keeps bothering you, report him to Instagram as I've advised.

Arthur > HelpiOS Posts 14308 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 22, 2024
May 26, 2023 at 11:39 AM

I contacted Instagram support, but this person still creates new accounts and I block them.  And most importantly, I ignore him, but he still writes.  How to proceed with him?