Trashed mail coming back into inbox

elfin - Updated on Jun 20, 2023 at 09:05 PM
ravida_1351 Posts 57 Registration date Thursday March 23, 2023 Status Member Last seen July 2, 2023 - Jul 2, 2023 at 04:44 AM

Mac os ventura.  In the Mail app, all trashed mail keeps coming back into the inbox. This is not happening with any other email accounts within the Mail app. just the Yahoo mail which I have been using for years.  I created a test account and set up yahoo email in it and it did exactly the same thing so I don't know what's going on. Never had this kind of problem before. Any help would be appreciated.

Related:

1 response

ravida_1351 Posts 57 Registration date Thursday March 23, 2023 Status Member Last seen July 2, 2023 3
Jul 2, 2023 at 04:44 AM

Hey there! It sounds like you're facing an annoying issue with your Yahoo Mail in the Mail app on your Mac. I understand how frustrating that can be. It's strange that only the trashed mail from your Yahoo account is returning to your inbox, while other email accounts are working fine.

One thing you could try is checking your Mail settings for your Yahoo account. Make sure that the "Move deleted messages to the Trash mailbox" option is selected. To do this, go to Mail > Preferences > Accounts, select your Yahoo account, and click on the "Mailbox Behaviors" tab.

If that doesn't solve the problem, it might be worth removing and re-adding your Yahoo account in the Mail app. This can sometimes fix syncing issues. To do this, go to Mail > Preferences > Accounts, select your Yahoo account, and click on the "-" button to remove it. Then click on the "+" button to add it back and reconfigure the account.

If the issue persists even after trying these steps, you could consider reaching out to Yahoo Mail support for further assistance. They might be able to provide more specific troubleshooting steps based on your account and the Mail app version you're using.